Hutchison Vale Child Protection Policy
Hutchison vale Community sports Football Club (HVCSFC) is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all players in its care. HVCSFC recognises its responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect players from harm, abuse and exploitation.
HVCSFC intends to create a safe environment for all children participating in sport. To help achieve this, HVCSFC will have in place the appropriate people, policies, procedures and practices, participation and partnerships to ensure the safety and well-being of children in and through sport.
The protection of children is the responsibility of everyone within HVCSFC regardless of their role. With this in mind, the following points are highlighted:
- The welfare of the child is paramount.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse.
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- All members of HVCSFC have a responsibility to report concerns to the Player Protection Officer.
Effective implementation of the child protection policies put into place by HVCSFC will:
- Promote a consistent approach to all child protection matters.
- Help maximise child safety.
- Reassure HVCSFC members by increasing their confidence to engage in activities with children.
Any queries or concerns regarding child protection issues should be directed to the Complaints officer in the first instance. Neil MacRae tel: 07801 541 764
Player Protection Officer Contact details: Les Trotter tel: 07980 503 214
“Information, data and written or e-mail correspondents Information form a player / parent/ guardian are strictly confidential and are supplied on the understanding that they will be held confidentially and not disclosed to third parties without the prior written consent of yourself or [Hutchison Vale Community Sports Football Club].”
Hutchison Vale Community Sports Football Club Grievance Procedure
1. Les Trotter- firstname.lastname@example.org – mobile 07852557406
2. Neil MacRae – email@example.com – mobile 07801541764
3. Thomas Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org -07793315997
Initial Complaint /Grievances
1. Initial complaint should be made to the committee of the section you or your child belongs to, if there is no satisfactory resolution then follow the procedure hereunder.
A. Complaint/ Grievances to be made in writing to one of above members (e-mail or letter).
B. Copy of Complaint/ Grievances sent to all other sub-committee members.
C. Acknowledgment of receipt to be sent to complainer.
1. The person the complaint is being made against & the team secretary to be contacted to inform them of the nature of the complaint/ Grievances & their initial comments to be noted.
2. The relevant team secretary to provide contact details (name & numbers) for all parents in the team to allow committee members to contact them (if deemed necessary) to confirm or otherwise the specifics of the complaint/ Grievances (all responses to be recorded on a complaint/ Grievances procedure form).
4. If it is deemed there is a case to answer, a copy of the complaint/ Grievances to be forwarded to the person the complaint/ Grievances is being made against for their formal reply to the allegations.
3. If required the person the complaint/ Grievances is being made against & the complainer are asked to attend a meeting.
4. All information to be collated & a summary along with the sub-committees recommendations to be sent to the remaining Top Table members for comment/info.
5. Decision of the committee to be sent in writing (e-mail or letter) to the person the complaint/ Grievances is being made against & the complainer.
6. Copy of all information relative to the complaint to be kept on record by the Club secretary.
1. No case to answer – no action taken.
2. Recommendations made in relation to the persons expected future conduct.
3. Verbal warning issued.
4. Written warning issued.
5. Dismissal from the Club.
6. Other relevant parties to be informed as necessary ie. Police, SFA, Disclosure etc
1. The decision of the Executive committee is final & there is no process of appeal through the Club.
2. Any previous warnings issued to the person will be taken in to account when making a final decision.
3. Any warnings will remain on record for the duration of the relevant persons’ association with the Club.
4. All complaints/Grievances will be dealt with as quickly as possible
We at Hutchison Vale are committed to conducting an internal investigation into any allegation of child abuse by anyone who has been involved with the club at any time in their history.
We’d like to encourage anyone who has any information relating to any form of child abuse to come forward, in confidence, to share any information which will enable a thorough review.
The club would welcome any approach with information, and you can submit this to our Child Protection Officer using the form below.
There are also helplines available for any concerns or specific personal support – NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 and SYFA on 0141 620 4590
Club Football Executive Committee